View Single Post
Old 02-03-2007, 09:53 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default Most impressive phrasing, Mrs. D.

I printed out what your said and I'll add my own little twist.

Since Alan sees Dr. Fred at the gym, he doesn't like to "go at him with medical stuff". Dr. Fred needs his "alone time", like every working person, right?

Only when Dr. Fred brings up Alan's stuff, do they talk about it. So I think faxing Dr. Fred will be a good way to request the insulin test.

I'm waiting till we get the spinal tap results. Then I'll send the fax to Dr. Fred.
Alan's folder at the doctor is 3 inches thick. This guy has had more poking and prodding than anyone. And they never find anything (until recently when they found some markers for SOMETHING.

But don't we all have MARKERS for something????

Oh, I have a good question. My cousin and his wife have a daughter with Joubert Syndrome. His first wife and he had a son that was fine.

But he married the second wife and at age 40, she had NIchole who had no brain stem and they called it Joubert Syndrome.

When they asked the doctor 'WHY', they were told "you and your wife both carry the recessive gene for Joubert. That's why Joe and his first wife had TJ who is perfectly fine, but when Joe and you had NIchole, because you both carried the recessive genes, she was born with Joubert syndrome.

My question? Just because my cousin has the recessive gene, (we are first cousins), does this mean that all of us first cousins have this gene. My mother's mom had 10 children, 5 boys and 5 girls. Did Joe's mom,(my mother's sister who is still alive and kicking and goes dancing at age 83), did she give the gene to her son who passed it on to his daughter Nichole?

I understand that both parents have to have a recessive gene in order for an offspring to have a birth defect.

I often think about genes when I think of my son who was diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome. Alan has some aspie traits but he's nothing like my son.

I guess I'm still trying to find answers in that department too.

thanks,
Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote