View Single Post
Old 02-03-2007, 10:01 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default Question about Cymbalta and Zoloft?

Hi,

Alan is on plavix, aspirin, metoprolol (since his stent) and zoloft, for his depression.

He tried the lyrica (but his ankles blew up). so he's off the lyrica, He can't take neurontin or elavil, got him deathly sick.

So most recently Alan was given samples of Cymbalta (for the nighttime PN pain). Well, it is working. The lower dose was only a bit helpful, the higher dose is working just fine.

Dr. Fred told Alan he could take the higher dose because he's having the spinal tap and he is afraid the pn will flare up when he has to lie down for 4 hours.

Now here's my question.

If Cymbalta is actually an anti-depression med, and Alan is already on Zoloft (I did ask this of Dr. Fred but he assured me that Alan can take both), my question is "how can someone take two different anti-depression meds".

Alan wakes up every morning and goes to the gym or does yoga.

I asked him yesterday morning, "why not stay home and relax and he said "are you kidding, I had a great night's sleep and I have this energy and I have to exercise it off".

He has energy????? He's almost 60. Where is he getting this energy???

I look like Quazimodo during a sciatica attack and this guy wants to learn to stand on his head. If it wasn't for the PN, he'd be perfect.

Is it the combination of the Cymbalta and Zoloft that is giving him the stamina to do this stuff. He got up at 6 a.m. to go into the city to some seminar. I mean, I lost tons of weight too, but I don't jump out of bed and and I'm not raring to go, (at least not until I have my coffee).

I thought a person could not mix medications. And I never thought a person could take cymbalta, zoloft, (and oh yes, he still takes the alprazolam at night to sleep). At least I think he does.

So he gets a real deep sleep and wakes up raring to go.

I can't wait to see how he's going to be at 70. He'll outlive me.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote