View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 08:54 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Lindy,
Thank you for your tolerance of my diatribes; it would be definitely you who should go to policy-making meetings about things such as this; not me. I would have a tendency to ask them just why they aren't in jail, and what did their mothers teach them about how to treat people, and whether or not there is a difference between right and wrong. The corporate bio-ethicists working for Pharma have so far pretty much concluded that the concept of "doing the right thing" was purchased by Quaker Oatmeal and so no longer applies to the general public. And the difference between right and wrong, after centuries of discussion, has finally been resolved: If wrong improves Q4 bottom line just in time for the annual executive bonuses, then wrong is the right choice, and therefore, the business philosophers are arguing, it is actually truly the right choice to do wrong.
The only value of my rantings on this site, is not the contents of what I write about Amgen GDNF or this Merck-charade, it is just that some of the Pharma lurkers, on this site and on my site, may slowly pick up the difficult concept that Big Pharma has committed grave strategic errors, and they have a credibility problem that keeps on growing, to the extent that throwing Pharma executives in jail is now openly discussed in meetings of mainstream political parties. The remarkable thing is how widespread it is.
Bob Dawson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
lindylanka (06-17-2010)