View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 10:00 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for the suggestion: I'll try it at the next application...

So far, TPR 20 has worked fairly well with just socks on: the pain level went from 5 to 3 soon after it was applied. About 5 hours later, it started to wear off, just as I went for a 2 hour pre-dinner snooze...

However, upon waking, the pain had gone down to about 2, as the warmth under the covers seems to have reactivated the ingredients...

It certainly is a lot quicker and less messy to apply than the combination 3.5% Menthol followed by a 30/45 minutes drying time, then 0.075% Capsaicin I had tried earlier...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nide44 View Post
Try wrapping your feet in Saran Wrap, then put on the socks for abut an hour, or so - to increase absorption. The socks alone will wick away much of the cream and be less effective.
I use a high % menthol cream, either 'Biofreeze' or 'Icy Hot' (the Rite Aid generic- 'Cool Heat' is much cheaper than either) every day, sometimes twice a day. I use a latex glove (one glove will last for 2-4 days) for application and massage it into my feet (massage towards the heart) for at least 5 minutes per foot. Then I wear cotton socks (for diabetics - from Foot Smart)
Seagem is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote