View Single Post
Old 08-24-2006, 11:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default get your stories out, lets get aquainted!

Hi all, I figured since the forums are back up and running and some of us are new or dont know everyone... (is that a run on or what, lol) that I would put my story out there so you all could get to know me. I hope that if you all want to, you might do the same. If not, its ok and understandable. So here goes...

My name is Andrea. I am 26 years old and the mother a beautiful little girl named Sierra Lee Ann. She was born 10/13/05 and boy is she getting to be a handful! lol Well, lets see, I was diagnosed with hydro in 6/1999 after passing out in the middle of the floor. I was rushed to the hosp. where they believed that I had meningitus. After many a ct and mri, I was diagnosed with hydro and later that year in September I had a vp shunt placed. So far I have not had any problems or revisions. But I have also been without insurance for the past year and a half. Since then I have started noticing somethings that seem different. I have gone to the ER a few times and each time they did a ct and stated that nothing seemed wrong. So I went home confused. Assuming all is well. I still feel 'off' however so I am unsure that they are right but do not know how to go about finding out how to prove them worng, if that makes any sense. I found BT right before the crash and I was so happy to know that I could finally talk to others in the same situation and maybe get answers that I am looking for instead of a Er drs point of view. (They think they know it all sometimes, lol) The crashed happened and I honestly felt decimated! That sounds dumb probably I know. Anyways, I have some questions about hydro complications and what not but I shall leave them til my next post. I hope that I can get to know all of you and maybe develop some lasting friendships here. Until next time, I am off to bed! Here is hoping all of you who read this have a great evening....
sierras mommy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote