View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 06:35 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hey, Hockey! We are disabled....therefore....

WE HAVE TO BE TALKED AT LOUDER! Nuff said?
Handicapped doesn't mean mentally or hearing impaired? Tho at times it does, it's NOT the majority of us.
In the legal category? As in the medical...there are good guys and bad guys. Thing is to chastise the bad guys? It's SOOO DURNNED HARD to prove.
This tee shirt I often wear to docs offices... interesting who reacts and who doesn't? [BTW? Nurses love it?]
http://www.justforponies.com/iminnomoodtobeperky.aspx
Give the right [or wrong] to folks the impression that you mite just 'bite'?
Don't forget HOW you use your cane, even 'innocently'? Can be expressions of displeasure. Subtle, yet, effective. At times.
Medical issues are sooo squirrelley it scares me stupid to talk to any doc totally honestly?
I do believe I'm gonna look for an Oscar The Grouch Tee if they exist... There are times when that could be apt for 'the mood' I'm in and feel that day? When I go to a doc? I want answers? I rarely get any... But, my constant researching does give them pause for thought...to let them know I know what's GOING ON? Once known that you aren't a doormat? Good can happen, just have to sort out the 'emotional' from the 'clinical' ? Facts are best presented coldly and anaylically - easier said than done...takes planning before a doc appt? Pare down your list of problems to FIVE...expect to come out with 1+1/2 answers... and keep at that list! Often neuro problems don't have simple answers, and, we aren't hot house flowers in some 'clinical' environment that can tie cause to effect.
Hang in there, and keep faith that even in the legal world? There ARE some good guys! Keep your faith in getting treated and getting better! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (06-20-2010)