View Single Post
Old 06-18-2010, 05:12 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi. I have seen a few different pain doctors/anestesolgist. Mine did not do or order more diagnostic testing since I am basically tested out. It was more about finding the right treatment for pain control. First make sure to being all test results and any doctors notes. I always come with my list of ?'s and meds I have tried and am on. Is the one you are seeing an anestesologist too? With most of mine they suggested some treatment other then meds. For ex I have RSD too so the SCS or blocks etc. Some I have seen don't give many choices it was one suggestion and if I did not want to try it I needed to find another doctor. My best pain doctor was one who gave some options and addressed my fears and concerns. Also did combo of new meds too. For myself I always ask what the side effects could be since I have had issues of getting worse and if that does happen what would be the next step to keep me in a comfortable state. Usually the doctor does look at your areas where the condition is. For me their is not touching though so it is just a view. They do ask to describe your pain and what level it is at. Also during course of treatment that ask for the level to see how you are coming along. You usually have to fill out this questionaire. It also asks questions on mental side like are you depressed and how you are living in daily life with actvity and what your ability is.I have times where it is hard to describe as well. Just try to do your best. I hope your appointment is good and you get some relief.
daniella is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (06-18-2010)