View Single Post
Old 02-03-2007, 01:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Surgery recovery

Hello,

I had fusion of the c/5, c/6 and c/6, c/7 on December 5, 2006. The pain was pretty intense the first couple of days. However, I felt pretty good after about a week. Although I do not have a physcial job, my commute is 50 miles one way. I also live on 3 acres and take care of horses, dogs and a variety of other animals, including teenagers. I didn't have much choice but to recover quickly. I was back to work in 3 weeks. I only wore my neck brace for a week. I do not recommend for anyone to do what I did. I believe my recovery will be delayed due to my activities right after surgery. Although it appears that the continuious pain in my arm and shoulder are gone, I am experiencing other pain in my neck and face that I never had before. The doctor advised me that I will not know if the surgery was a success until about a year. I had no choice but to return to work since I am the sole support for my family. I would recommend, if you can, to take it easy for as long as you are able and don't feel bad when others want to help you (this was another one of my downfalls!). I would chose to do the surgery again since I am a very active person and the pain was interfering with my daily life. I wish you all the best and please keep me updated on your success.
MMbells is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote