View Single Post
Old 06-18-2010, 10:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up

I take 1000 B-12, like Mrs. D. does. I take 500 in the morning and 500 in the evening. Due to some lacking in my gut absorption.

Years ago it was so low I couldn't get off the couch, after giving birth. Never had that before, thought it was a relapse. I usually bounce right into normal activity.

I was tested, my B-12 was so low my GYN dr started giving me a B-12 shot weekly at his GYN office.

Funny after a few days I could feel it wearing off. I couldn't wait for the next hip/hinny shot. I had energy to spare. I don't know the dose, I was young and didn't even ask any questions about B-12 levels. I just believed in my doctor.

I was fine in no time at all, off shopping and out and about with three kids. Who knew?

I was told by that GYN to take oral 500 B-12 for the rest of my life. I took that amount until 2002, then I upped it to 1000 per MS doc. My blood work is 700-900 for B-12. I rather be high than low. I don't know how much my gut absorbs, but the blood is fine.

Now people give themselves B-12 shots. My last Neuro, in 2005, had his daughter give it to him. I laughed at him.

I said, you give other people MS meds to inject themselves, he had me on "C" at the time, and yet you are needle phobic to give them to yourself? He said, he can give them, but hates to do his own. Huh??

May happiness be at your door. May it knock early, stay late, and leave the gift of good health behind.

"Life is what it is". We can only focus on controlling those things we can control, we must let go of the things we can't.
Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote