View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 07:02 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Thumbs up

Chloride is okay. Whew! Chlorate is not.

The only down with chloride is that it is laxative if you take high doses. Some people can't tolerate that.

In US we have a delayed acting Chloride version called SlowMag, which is what I often use. I also use a powder that mixes into a liquid called Ionic Fizz...this has magnesium carbonate in it, and really works fast. When I need fast action, say due to some muscle problems, I use it instead of the SlowMag. SlowMag is my daily RDA form. It was originally developed by a the drug Company Searle, and now Purdue owns it, for cardiac care, but it is OTC and available for anyone to use without a prescription.

We had a person once come on saying in Britain he was taking snow melter--the stuff you throw on your icy sidewalks .. which I think would not be pure enough for oral use and may have heavy metals in it! So I do watch threads here carefully because of that possibility.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Peter B (06-19-2010)