View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 03:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thanks

Thank you t97tab, I hope you and your son get the help he needs to start feeling better.

As everyone said, I do think the summer should be helpful because I often get headaches when I'm at school or doing homework. I do have something called a 504 plan for school. That doesn't really mean the school is helpful because they neglected to tell me about this option, and I didn't find out about it until months after when a science teacher who's son had similar problems suggested it to me. This just makes them legally obligated to let me go to the nurse and have extra time on tests if I need it.

I've definitely noticed some triggers, I don't go to movies or concerts anymore because giant screens and loud noises set of bad headaches. Mark, you mentioned mild exercise. Before all this happened I was a dancer (tap, jazz, lyrical, and ballet) and I danced 3-5 times per week. I stopped for the rest of the year because I missed so much class. I don't know if dancing will be a trigger just because I was told I couldn't dance until a doctor cleared me. I'm planning on going back to class in September anyway, and I'm hoping that will help rather than hurt.

That's a great tip about the blood pressure, it never occurred to me that spikes could correlate with headaches, but that makes total sense.

Nancy, it's good to know that the way things have been going for me is normal. I recognize a lot of my experience in what your daughter has been going through. Especially with the waking up in the morning, I know most teenagers aren't thrilled to get up and go to school, but when I wake up sometimes I'm confused or I just don't feel like even moving. I also had no idea that the optic nerve could get damaged, but that might explain some of the trouble I've had while reading even when I put on my reading glasses.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions!
Gemma17 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote