View Single Post
Old 02-03-2007, 04:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default dear cs

Over the years we have both had our ups and downs with this dam disease and I've always tried to be honest from a carepartners point of view. On thing I know for sure is if you don't have a strong marriage going into something like this its going to be very very hard. Even a strong marriage is going to be tested sometimes beyond endurence and back again. For the partner yes there is a sense of sometimes being trapped and having your own life taken away since this disease demands so much from you guys and sooner or later affects those closest to you with and just seems to take on a life of its own leaving everone involved living the disease instead of trying to live with it. Its not easy and takes a lot of patience and understanding on both parts on both sides. The only thing i could say to your wife if I could is what i tell ray> I said i'd love you in sickness and in health NOT JUST AS LONG AS YOUR OKAY. Its tough on a day to day basis when you start thinking of all the things your missing out on but I tend to try and think of all the things I had befroe this and I'd do it all over in a heartbeat. I'd still have my days of feeling trapped but I wouldnt have all the great years to look back on. So maybe let her read this or talk to someone I'm pray its just a bad time she is going through as well cs Weve been going through this over a decade as well and it does get to both of us and some days it just doesnt seem to work but others its still all there so keep the faith old friend and I'll keep you in my prayers (a little over used these days but true ) take care cs
one n dona is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote