View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 06:24 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

gemma,

If you try dancing, pay attention to the effect the beat has on you. The tapping in tap dance will go all the way to your head. A good way to demonstrate this is to put foam earplugs in. Then, as you step or tap, you will hear the impacts inside your head. This will help you develop softer steps/footplants.

My life changing concussion came from a missed step where I landed hard with my knee locked. The impact/shock traveled all the way up my body to my head. My back was arched so there was no shock absorption in my spine.

Your 504 plan should also allow you to get help with note taking and other issues where there is too much information coming too fast. If you struggle with reading large pages of information, use a piece of paper to cover the bottom of the page so you only see the line you are reading.

I need to do this if I try to fill out a form with lots of empty blanks on it. I cover both above and below the line I am working on. This way my brain can stay focused on just the line I am seeing. Otherwise, my brain gets overwhelmed with all of the blank spaces needing answers.

Your giant screens problem is common. The wide screen that fills your entire field of vision causes too much visual information to attempt to be processed at once. Sit as far from the screen as possible if you have to watch something on a wide screen.

In a class, sit at the front of the class so you have as little visual distraction in your field if vision. I cannot sit in the back of an airplane and see the rows of heads moving about. It is too much visual stimulation.

Be aware of echoes. they may cause you struggles. Foam ear plugs will help with this. Most sound systems are set so loud that you can easily hear everything with foam ear plugs in. I have tried all the different types. the yellow foam cylinders work best. Twist them tight and put them in so that only the tip is sticking out. This will be a great aid for studying.

Keep in touch. There is scads of help on this forum.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote