View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 08:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default The point I want to make in this thread

The point I want to make in this thread is that the 'objective' yard stick of doctors have little to do with overall wellness of the patient but follows a text book formulae which the doctor is obliged by law and professional rules to follow. My encounter with this particular neuro was a horrible example of being treated as an object of medical business and not as a human being.

Actually I do not blame this doctor (an assistant professor) who is only doing her job in a big merciless machine. but for mor details:

This doctor told me that according to her assesment I am in a bad shape and need heavy medication. But in fact I feel fine. I don't have any problem in mobility (I walk and run normally), no problem in balance (I can stand on either feet and count to 30 or 50), sleep well, no swallowing problem, no constipation, sexual activity normal, no stiffness, I get up normally, I change sides in bed without a problem, no drooling. I exercise heavily 2 hours a day. Above all, I am really happy.
My problem is only tremor and memory deterioration. I can live well with these symptoms and told her so.
I was diagnosed about 4 years ago and resisted up to recently the ldopa medication because it is known that it is not so effective for tremor and memory treatment.
Now here I am being forced to take medicines in heavy doses or else I loose all support of the medical establishment.
My visit to the neuro did not make me feel better .. but rather the opposite.
I am reminded of cancer patients who are told they have few months to live and the poor soles usually oblige ONLY because they believe what they are told. WELL I CHOOSE NOT TO BELIEVE 'SCIENCE' WHICH TELLS ME I AM NOT WELL WHILE IN FACT I AM WELL.
Imad
imark3000 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon72219 (06-20-2010)