Thread: Facebook
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 02:05 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Interesting and timely comments. My daughter and her family are visiting for the weekend and this very subject came up. On Veteran's Day I honored my Dad (86 now) by paying homage and posting about five different pics of him from the time he enlisted in WWII and retired 28 yrs later as a Ltc.

I may post something once a day that is motivational and of value with benefit to others when feeling up to it.

BUT! We have some extended family members who post things about their life many times a day and sharing info on FB I would be reluctant to share in private one-on-one. What's with that?

I can but imagine the emotional challenge when dealing with DDH and DDW's on FB but it begs the question, why befriend them thus receive their updates? I know, if another family member in your group post something that's quit different. But when you guys made this point, I could almost feel the angst in my chest putting myself in your place.

And Sally, don't even worry about people thinking your bragging when you post pics and updates of positive things in your family. The world can "ALWAYS" use positive insights and updates. It helps people keep grounded.

Richmond, VA USA
NeuroNixed Craig is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Desinie (06-20-2010), Jappy (06-20-2010), kicker (06-20-2010), SallyC (06-20-2010), TwoKidsTwoCats (06-20-2010)