View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 03:39 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by podcast View Post
first of all, thanks a lot. you put a smile on my face
but bad news is my headaches are worsening for one week. it is now like continious dull pain on my head. i feel like i returned the top of the whole story. it was ten days ago, i said that thumbs up! i got over it completely but it seems that pain is back.

is such fluctuations in headache pattern is normal?

what do you suggest? thanks in advance
------------------------------------------------

Dear Podcast,

I am sorry that I did not see that you sent me a question until now or I would have replied sooner. How are you feeling?

Late to answer your question but yes, there can be fluctuations in headache pattern.

A few times, my daughter was doing so well, that we thought this may be behind her and then the headaches can back when least expected.

The key for her is to stop ANY activity at the first sign of a headache. For example, if you are reading and feel a slight but tolerable headache coming on.....stop immediately and rest before it gets worse. Wait for the headache to pass before resuming.

Same goes for loud noises or bright rooms. Used to be a huge problem for my daughter but now, just sometimes. It doesn't pay for her to try to tolerate it. It only makes the headaches come back and last longer and hurt more. She needs to remove herself asap if the environment is bringing on a headache.

For us, it has helped to evaluate what may have brought the headache on and learn from that. Sometimes, you can't pinpoint anything that triggered it but it helps if you can.

For my daughter, usually her problems come in school with too much cognitive exertion. She has learned to stop and rest until it passes and that has helped. With time, she continues to improve and also has learned many strategies that have helped.

Hope you are feeling better, let me know.
Tralee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark in Idaho (06-20-2010)