View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 06:46 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I have been thru this, and while its an huge emotional deal to chose mom, mommy, or step mommy, or just call her Mary in the end I chose to not stress my child over the whole thing. The new step mom was demanding to be called MOMMY! At first I had a fit and a half, but after seeing the stress it was putting on my child, I dropped it and realized that it doesnt matter what he calls whom, as long as he is safe, happy, and is getting a good solid foundation.

If daddy is stressing over this child reassigning names, then perhaps he needs to step up HIS game and become a "real daddy" to her. Being a real dad is alot more than fun parks, and sparkly dress up dates. its about boundaries, and discipline, and allowing her to make mistakes, grow, and explore. To be the one making her feel safe as she makes her grooves in the world. if real daddy has issues then sit down with both of them and talk it out. DEMAND that real daddy NOT be pushy with this child as she explores and figures out her world.

it will be fine, either way. it will be fine. I promise.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote