Thread: Nola, la
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 11:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Holy mother of God it was hot and super humid!!! Had a long, tiring week but also a good week as we got a lot of excellent work done. Definately glad I went. Felt so good after the solumedrol infusions (I was wired!) I got cockey and left my wheelchair at home. I used the airport chairs (the are terrible, eh) and tok lots of cabs to & fro places.

Had wonderful food (File is spicy!) and ate my first crawfish (yum). Tried to stay hydrated and only went out fo rlunch or in evenings. Of course I had to have a Hurricane and a few other libations - it is NOLA after all... Did Boubon street, French Quarter, Wharehouse district etc. Ran into a famous chef (literally, me, my crutches and all all bt knocked him down coming out of a restaurant).

Home now and worn out. Pushed it a bit too far but happy to say I hung in there and my legs cooperated most of the time. Thank goofness my hotel bed and the staff doted on me as I really needed it come suppertime:-)

I think everyne should go to NOLA and experience it at least once in thier lives - but make it for a time of year when it isnt so hazy, hot and humid!

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!
jprinz99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (06-20-2010)