View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 12:39 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Yeah I think I am just going to leave it alone and see how it plays out.

Personally, I have no problems with her calling DH2B dad because he IS her dad. He is the one that taught her how to skate, bought her her first bike, takes care of her when I can't, he's the one that goes to get her from school when she is sick, etc. He is also the one that makes her clean her room and do her chores and tesches her about respect and puts up with the temper tantrums and the bad times too.

She gave her dad his present today and then told him she made one for DH2B too because he is her other dad and he is going to be her stepdad, then she showed him my pretty ring. I could tell by the look on his face he was not happy about it, but oh well. And you guys are right if he doesn't like that she has someone else she sees as a dad then he needs to man up and be there for her more.

And I have other moms that i call mom. Because they are like mothers to me, and have been there for me since I was a kid, and I know how much I appreciate having them in my life and knowing that I am loved. My best friend's mom always introduces me to people as "my other child". And I call her "my other mom". It's just the way it is.

My dad has never been a part of my life and at 14 I decided he was not worth my time or energy and I haven't spoken to him since, as far as DD knows my dad died when I was little because it was easier to explain than to tell her what a horrible man he really is. So yes, she is a very lucky girl to have 2 dads.

I am not spoiled!
legzzalot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (06-20-2010), ewizabeth (06-20-2010), SandyC (06-20-2010)