Thread: Mucuna
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 08:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Two things...

Two things come to mind...

Do you feel 100 % certain of your doctor's diagnosis of MS? What you describe may be very early PD, but your symptoms also fit a lot of other things. Have you been tested for hypothyroidism, Wilson's Disease, or Myasthenia Gravis, etc.? With only having a clinical observation and exam system for diagnosis, you may have to be persistent.

Only reason I question is because there is a rather high misdiagnosis rate and an uncertain doctor will put you on a trial of PD meds like levodopa to further assess you for PD. Levodopa does not work super well for all, but I would think you would notice at least a little improvement with the drug.

With the mucuna, do you know how much you are getting? Is it blended with other herbs or are you taking it separately? Maybe the dosage is off because you should feel something, I would think, if it is truly PD that you have.

I think our biggest champion of Zandopa was Max...read his story here

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/sh...ghlight=mucuna

I would be welcoming a second opinion. Also, if you decide to order any Internet based Ayurvedic supplements, please see this article (from JAMA) on toxic metal content of some herbals used for Ayurvedic principles.
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote