View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 09:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default starting cellcept & am terrified!!!

TBarney,
I am no longer taking Cellcept. There were just to many side effects and the constant fear I was going to get Melanoma again. I am only on Mestinon and 15 mg EOD of Pred now. I think your fears are for good reason. I would definitely speak to your neuro about your history of cancerous moles. Maybe call and speak with his nurse and tell her you are concerned. If you don't have yearly skin cancer screenings I would get that scheduled too. I have been cancer free for 5 years now but still have to go once a year just for the screening. I have had several pre cancerous spots removed since then but nothing that had turned. If you have been on it for a year without problems I wouldn't worry terribly but would make sure you have sunblock on anytime you are outdoors and bring your neuro and dermotologist into the loop.
Kendra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbarney View Post
You guys are scaring me. I started taking CellCept in July 2009. Over the last 10 years or so I have had about 5 cancerous moles removed from my skin. I don't think I have ever mentioned it to my neuro. I will mention it to him, but don't go back until Nov. Should I go and see my dermatologist about it?
dog lover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote