View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 11:00 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hey cvcman!

It sounds like you have some calcium deficiencies in the enamel of your teeth on the occlusal cusps. Translation.......some pits and fissures on the pointy parts of the biting surface of your molars.

Yes, it is a weakness in the enamel and can decay. SO...... along with thorough toothbrushing....... avoid eating sugary, sticky foods..... avoid sugary drinks like soda...... I would suggest that you use a toothpaste with Xylitol in it. You can also buy Xylitol in bulk powder form or little packets and use as a rinse after brushing at night. Xylitol is natural product that has the ability to remineralize tooth enamel in teeth that have some minor calcium deficiencies. It also alters the ph in the saliva to be more neutral which inhibits the formation of tooth decay. It also increases the production of saliva which helps to keep the teeth continuously bathed...... :-)

How was that answer????? ;-)

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvcman View Post
I have noticed for a few years now, maybe 10 lol

A couple of my rear lower molars have like a little hole or pit on the very point of the cusp. The one tooth has a fliingin it on the cheek side.

My dentist has seen these many times and has never mentioned doing anything to them. Its just like you took a small diameter drill and broke it thru the surface of the tooth, again out on the cup not in the center of the tooth.

Are these a problem ? I assume not because I have had them for awhile

Thanks AGAIN
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote