View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 05:59 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Pabb and Mrs D, thank you so much for replying to my long and rather strange post!

I have been tested for celiac, blood tests and GI biopsies, in 2007, and everything was negative. My docs are considering the possibility of re-testing though given the present circumstances...

Mrs D , thank you for the vitamin d explanation (and the injection link!); I think I hadn’t understood exactly how vitamin d interacted with calcium. I think I got it now though!

Re the vitamins:

I take vitamin D3 softgels to the tune of 5000 IU per day

Methycobalamin (2000 μg per day) with 50 mg b6 (the activated kind, p-5-p) and 800 mcg folic acid (the activated kind again l-methylfolate-metafolin); I don’t eat or drink anything an hour before I take the b vitamins and a couple of hours after as I was told that can hinder absorption of b vitamins.

I also take evening primrose oil and omega three fish oils as my essential fatty acid levels were practically nil upon testing and spironolactone for the hypokalemia. The iron supplements I’ll start taking this week.

My kidneys are ok, leaking protein and blood, but urea and creatinine are fine; the only slightly strange thing being that the urea level is well below normal but I was told that might have something to do with decreased protein levels in the blood (and they were also very low on testing) rather than kidney function.

Would the megadoses of P5P, methylfolate and methylcobalamin you mentioned be higher than what I’m taking now? Yes, injections have been discussed but they would have to be Neurobion injections and they have cyanocobalamin vs methylcobalamin (and if I had to guess I’d say they probably don’t have the activated form of b6 either) so I don’t know if that would be wise....

Ziggy
Ziggy7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote