Thread: VEEG testing
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2007, 07:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Veeg results

To All,

I entered Dartmouth-Hitchcock on Tues. afternoon for veeg monitoring. Boy those little suckers hurt. Actually its putting them on that hurts. First night they took me off newest med put on. the next morning had an episode. The dr. was called and he came right down. After looking at eeg strip said they did not appear to be epileptic seizures. That night took me off all other meds. Came home Fri with diagnosis of non-epileptic seizures and off all meds except Ativan.
We talked about other possibilities, and said stress related or hormonal or both. I had mentioned several times that I had been having mainly night sweats for about four-five months, but in recent weeks started having a lot during day. Wants me to get levels checked by primary card dr. and also try seeing a counselor to see if stress related. I said I would do both.
Since being home and off meds. I do feel clearer, but still having trouble at times with trying to get out what I want to say, either mixing the words up or forgetting what I wanted to say. Also feel weakness in legs, like I had just run a 10 mile marathon.
Will see dr. in about a month back at Dartmouth. Said if seizures continue or change in any way to call. Going back to work on Mon. Said I could drive again. I haven't driven since Oct2. My husband wants me to wait a week or so. He is very confused about how the episodes are just going to stop I guess I am also weary. Any way I guess time will tell.
Thank you all for the info and good wishes. Jingle I hope you get in sooner than March 6. Are you on a cancellation list? I will be thinking about you.
Best to all.

Garney
Garney is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote