View Single Post
Old 02-03-2007, 07:24 PM
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member

I've been talking about setting up a binder with protective sleeves and dividers...but haven't done it yet. I think it sounds like a wonderful system...easy to add and delete, etc.

Now that many of my commonly used recipes are out on various forums, I often just look them up, and print them to be used in the moment. For those I use frequently, like my bread recipe or tortilla recipe, I have an unruly stack of computer printed pages that I keep stashed behing my cutting boards. They are really gunked up.

I still use my old Betty Crocker cookbook for many of my most commonly used recipes...most need only a few simple substitutions. I also google up new recipes (gf, or not...and make my own substitutions).

Have to say...I'm pretty boring... and I make the same family favorites over and over again, or make plain meats, with veggies and potato or rice on the side. No cookbook needed. I also create...sometimes I am more successful than others. I had to apologize recently before my family sat down to dinner...lol..but they were kind and said it wasn't THAT bad.

One day I will get my minder set up. I figure when I do it, I will print the pages in triplicate, so I can have one ready for both of my daughters (hoping one day my second daughter will also be gf).

Cara

jccgf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote