View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 06:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default exercise after endovascular aneurism coiling

My coiling was done in mid 2008. It was not caused by a weak arterial wall, rather by a bit of bacteria breaking off of an infected heart valve. This bacteria broke off went straight into my head, and ripped open the blood vessel. I was saved using platinum coiling, and a stent.
The original Doctor who did the procedure is now gone, as are most of the doctors that worked under him. I have been told by one doctor that I cannot even ride a stationary bike as the strain is too much and will rerupture this aneurysm. I have been told the complete opposite by the last doctor out of India who worked on these aneurysms quite a bit. He says a epitilial layers grows inside the stent and the aneurysm is now healed. I can weight lift as I please with absolutely no weight lifting restrictions.
I heard this news on Friday. Went to gym on Saturday and lifted about 135 pounds. Then I wondered if I was being foolish. Why are these doctors all giving me such completely different advice.
I need expert opinions. I have no neck reminent left. The epilial layer has complete covered the stent. Is there a risk with weight lifting? If so where does it come from? Can anyone find documentation on any of this?
I greatly appreciate any help I can get. I want my life to be back on track as much as I can get it. Working out and lifting weights would be a step in the right direction.
Chreid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote