View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 06:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default How Long ???

Hello Everyone,
I am usually the one reading all the posts of others and sending my good will wishes to them that their pain lessens and letting them know that I continue to pray for them. Today, I feel that I am on the other side right now. The pain is just about the worst it has been. Why? Don't know. The weather if fine so it can't be that. All I know is maybe as each day goes by, as I wait for the permanent surgery date for my stimulator ,is getting to me.
I find myself remembering the days that I had the stimulator. For those of you that are reading this because you are interested in learning more about the stimulator....read on. Yes, I complained on and on about the inconvenience of all the cable phone cords hanging my neck, the tiny wires pulling on my face, the generator was heavy.....on and on. I regret those days of complaining. They were 10 days of very little pain. How many times did I say " I have to wash my hair" " If I drop this generator one more time, all the wires will be on the floor" " If If If". The minor, and I mean minor inconveniences of the trail is nothing. It was actually very easy to deal with as my pain level went down at least 60%. I learned a lot about the AD pain. One day v1 would be having a hay day. Then another day V3 would act up more than one of the others. What is very interesting is we take being pain free kind of for granted. We are given an inch and we want more. I so remember ( and believe me, will never ever forget ) when my Doc took the wires out I was so happy to be rid of all the cords. 1/2 of a minute I was crying asking for the stimulator back.
I am crying today for the stimulator. So, that brings me to my poem for the week.

Oh Stimulator, Oh Stimulator
Where are you today?
I cry for you and look for you
Do you hear me, Can you see me
Every day and every night
Do you know my name?
Are you as excited as I am?
I was born in Denver, Colorado
Where were you born?
Maybe China?
Maybe USA?
Maybe you will find me if I give you a name
What would you like to be called?
Think about it and I will write to you soon.

Love
Cheryl
calewark is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (06-21-2010), Rrae (06-21-2010)