View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 06:34 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default There may be but likely not an issue with the blood donations?

Please look thru this set of guidlines and info put out by the FDA about it all. It's a pretty thorough and detailed set of processes that MUST be maintained to collect and then redistribute blood and blood products.
http://www.fda.gov/BiologicsBloodVac...od/default.htm
As one who receives and depends on a part of 'blood' called IVIG monthly? I keep up to date on these rules and regs and well, sort of KNOW what I'm getting? Believe me! The FDA doesn't mess around with bad blood! No way! No How!
I've had three general [possible]transfusions in my life. One, possibly, before I'd gotten neuropathy by several years? Two others after I'd gotten an Autoimmune neuropathy [Cancer surgery, and leg surgery] You have to BET that docs during both those surgeries? Matched and quadrupley* checked my blood [and IG infusion Status] with the donor contributions! [Docs DON'T want the possible liabilities]
That is not to say that maybe the extra blood or the reason for the infusions set OFF SOMETHING ELSE in your system?
Do you have any other contributing factors? Such as you had the flu? [THIS was my downfall] Or, diabetes or pre-diabetes? Those can mess you up in that hospital setting for sure! Let's NOT talk about BLOND food either?
What were your blood tests showing? Do you have copies? You CAN learn a LOT from those, if you have them or when you get them. Those test can teach you about YOU on a lot of issues and factors! It's interesting even if you are 'chemistry impaired' such as I happen to be!
Have you checked out this site about Neuropathies? It is a BIG one? But can help you narrow down some aspects of your neuropathy 'developing'..so to speak: http://neuromuscular.wustl.edu/naltbrain.html Don't let this 'tech' talk intimidate you? It's short sweet and truly too concise! That's useful for the starters-and you also KNOW you are NOT alone! 's! - j

* Is this a word? Seems right but not sure.....
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote