View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 08:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Talking Thank you, MrsD!

Thank you, MrsD!

These links are great!

I need to order the P-5-P, as I can't find it in this area at all.
Thanks for confirming the importance of this form of B6.

I do use Jarrow's D-Ribose. I was concerned, initially, about an impact upon blood glucose, too. (I am currently dx'd with glucose intolerance... which is newly diagnosed. I eat as though I am diabetic. I suspect I am diabetic at this point, which had not been the case in the past. I hope to get that totally sorted out with my doc. I need the oral GTT, as I also run hypoglycemic, so a low fasting blood glucose blood glucose does not tell the whole story in my case. (I now go too low, as well.) I have talked him into an A1C and an oral GTT.)

I like Jarrow's D-Ribose and need to take it more faithfully in this weather, etc. It does not majorly impact my blood glucose according to my meter.
The D-Ribose in one of the threads you had given a link to above. (Incase anyone wonders how the D-Ribose became a topic here...see the links from MrsD.)

My neurologist had approved COQ10 at 600mg-1000mg a day, depending upon how I am feeling. I am on the increase from the 600mg. per day. Now I am reading much more about "Ubiquinol," esp, for those of us middle-aged.
I am trying to read up to see how that translates (CoQ10 ---> Ubiquinol) as far as dose equivalence. (I use Jarrow's Q-Absorb for COQ10. I like this one.)
I have to increase it in the summer. Always.
I have used COQ10, intermittently, for over 20 years. (It was not manufactured in the U.S. When I had started taking it back then. It helped me though the summers in a major way.) I had used much less then (per day). My condition has progressed.

He also okays Acetyl L-Carnitine 1000mg.-2000mg per day when I get this impaired. I have this here; yet, really want to check and be sure this is the latest and best info. on mitochondrial treatment. He had approved this because I had suggested them two summers ago. (In other words, he did not suggest them, I did... and he was fine with them and knew the doses he was comfortable with -- in my case-- immediately. Thus, he is not a stranger to these. Other neuroloigsts would not okay them. They would use COQ10 only if they had located/proven a deficiency.)

I have had intensive vitamin/supplement regimens in the past. I am feeling it is time to reconsider, checking newer info., etc. I am rebuilding my regimen.
I used to take alpha lipoic acid, inositol and N-A-C, too. I need to find the latest info and do enough with the regimen, yet not over do the regimen.

(I recall the Enada. It did not do a thing for me. It was expensive, as well.)

I am in the process of revamping.
I guess I should make a comprehensive list.
I had wanted to immediately focus upon the constellation of sx at hand.
Thank you for your assistance.

I had taken the magnesium ionic fizz approx. 2 hours ago now and I can feel a difference in my muscles already. Even the tight spasms around my ribcage have loosened up in a major way. I hope to get things calmed down.

With Sincere Gratitude,
~DejaVu
DejaVu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (06-22-2010)