View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 08:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi Mere!

Hi Mere!

Thanks for responding! I have been reading your posts.
Love the picture of your cat! LOL!

I understand what you are referring to. Those same places set my nervous system into a wild spin! I was never phobic or anxious in life, at all. Quite the opposite. Yet, some stimuli will have me dazed in no time.

I get tired of hearing the light bulbs and all, too.
The A/C does drown out the other noise! LOL!

I think it is best to try to change your environment if one can do so! Yet...what if one cannot? Ideally, we would get central air installed.
That is not going to happen right away.

We have bouight so many different brands, styles, etc. We have installed them diffferent ways to cut vibration and noise, etc., etc. (We may have to try the style MrsD has this year to see if it will be quieter.)

Once the heat hits me and I am a neuro. mess, it can take several hours to a few days of being "cool" to straighten out again. In the meantime, I am good for nothing. Once the heat/humidity hits my nervous system, I am truly incapacitated.

The last time I was working on strengthening, the physical therapist would put ice on my neck and spine as soon as I was finished, to try to reduce any temp increase.

Some summers have been worse than others. They have all been a challenge. I seem to get better and we also see healing in the sfn biopsies, etc. I am repeatedly "hit" with acute exacerbations, which include frank nerve damage. Too often, there has been a medication involved. Now that we are on to that and my newest neuro has seen it for himself, we may get somewhere? Yet, it is also well over 20 years later and I now have deficits that do not seem to "heal." I haven't given up; yet, I do realize that after awhile, there will be some chronic deficits.

Do sudden loud sounds really startle you?
Sometimes, I feel like I am going to drop to the floor.
I suddenly get very weak and think I am going to hit the floor!
It vibrates through the core of my being.

It is all still all a "mystery." Like so many other stories here.

Take care, Mere!
DejaVu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mere (06-22-2010)