View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 09:35 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default Need help with buying a clothes wringer

I have absolutely no idea where to put this question, and this is a creative forum, and you people ARE creative so I'll tell you my dilemma.

I have certain hand washables that I don't want to bring to my laundry. Certain shorts, blouses, etc.

I wash these clothes by hand, that's NOT the problem. The problem is wringing out the water. And yes, I've used shammys and they work fine but I don't have them right now and you still have to wring THEM out after you finish.

I decided to go online and look for one of those old fashioned hand wringers. That would do the job perfectly for me. Only they are over a hundred bucks and you have to clamp them to a bucket or to the tub and I don't have that option. I just want to wring out my clothes. Is that too much to ask for?

lol

So I went online and began viewing various videos on youtube, looking at hand wringers, and all kind of clothes spinners (they are out of my price range also).

when!!!! wonder of wonders, I happened upon this beauty.

http://www.shophometrends.com/product.asp?pn=703042

I said "what is the difference between a pair of shorts and a mop"?

I watched a video on youtube, and the lady put her mop into this thing, (it was filled with water, and she pulled the mop out and while she pressed the pedal, the mop was squeezed between the two rollers and the mop came out dry.

I said to myself. I could by this, I wouldn't put the water into it, I would put my wet clothes into it, I would pull up (let's say a pair of shorts), I would pull up the shorts, press the pedal, the rollers would squeeze out the water (and yeah, the water would go back in the pail, but it's CLEAN water, so who cares, and if I do this with each item I could have wringed out clothing, no??

Even if I did one item at a time, the ease on my hands would be MAJOR.

I have arthritis and drying my clothes by putting them in towels and squeezing, is getting to be a pain.

Since I don't know how to buy a clothing wringer and I live in an apartment, do you think this mop bucket wringer thing would work for me?

BELIEVE ME YOUR COMMENTS ARE APPRECIATED.

And what do any of you do (when you wash stuff by hand and you have to wring them out). I wish they made an electronic wringer thing.

I'd buy one tomorrow.

If it exists on the internet, I can't find it.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (06-22-2010)