Thread: Vp shunt pain
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 01:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Crazy

Quote:
coudnt tell what or where the pain came from.I would love to talk to you about it all if you have the time.I do hope you are feeling better.Cath278.
My first surgery was an aspiration of a colloid cyst of the Third Ventricle of the Brain. Two yeas later, still having hydrocephalus, They installed a VP Shunt. That was back in 1987. For 23 years I went thru pain .Went to many Doctors trying to find out what was wrong.In October of 2009 I was hospitalized for open heart surgery. Well they found my Aortic valve was failing. Had an As sending Aortic Aneurysm, an also needed a triple by pass.While I went thru the dozens or so of MRI's an CT's. Now at 53 the heart problem was enough. But no while doing a scan of the brain. They found I was over shunting. So after goin to a neurosurgeon .He looked at my scans, an said he could not see anything wrong. Two weeks later went to the hospital for extreme dizziness,and loss of vision in right eye. After another CT they found my ventricle was smaller than last time. So this time I went back to the same clinic, But asked for another doctor this time. A new vp shunt an still pain. I am at the point of giving up. It is like the Doctors are to busy to see someone who might really sick
bayarea832 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote