View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 08:59 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Deb and Daniella!

Wow, Deb! You see..these changes are so drastic sometimes, aren't they?
You have had 5 children around..and lost of gatherings with even more children, noise and surprises of all types, etc.
So... how does this happen to us?

You are right about the central air. We have a hot air heating system and could probably connect the central air rather easily. I am concerned about what may be in the duct system, as there was an owner before us. I cover some of the ducts (in the winter) with a filtering material. I could do that with central air, too. I should get an estimate on getting that done.
(We did not expect to be here another year, so did not do it in prep for this year. Have been tied up with a terminally ill family member and have not attended to everything else and now.... the heat and humidity has arrived!)

Someone, was it Mere, had mentioned migraine? That's always a possibility.
I don't always have any other migraine-like sx though. I have had all kinds of migraines and variants/equivalents. It is a possiblity.

[During my worst years of migraine, we had eventualy discovered I had positive antiphopholipid antibodies. The only way I could get relief from crippling daily migraines was to use warfarin (anticoagulant). I had then found that when I had stopped a particular med, the antibodies had disappeared. They had appeared after starting a med. They disappeared upon stopping the med; yet, the prescribing physician would never admit there might be a relationship there. I had also found literature on this same med causing SFN in long term use. My neuropathy was worsening, yet again. I had brought the SFN reference to the prescribing doctor, as she was referring me out for SFN consult again, and she could only say... "That effect is rare." Hello? The neurologist was interested in the article I had found on this and thought it was a viable study. I'd dumped the med, calmed the neuropathy and eliminated the antibodies. Also dumped the doctor. ]

I'd had two patches of demyelination in my brain MRI and they thought was this was from severe migraine. I hear other docs now scoff at that assessment now. (???) After all of these years of hunting for the cause of all of this, I am tired of listening to doctors. It has not been fruitful to listen to them. I may have nerve issue when I come in the door, yet I am much worse off after they get done with me. Everytime I have managed to heal the SFN, I have stayed away from the doctors for a year or two. They then ask me..how did you do that? (I am also tired of them insisting upon drugs that prove to further exacerbate the neuropathy for me.)

Yes, Daniella, in the Fibro threads, there is a post about the Bose white noise head set, I think? I would not be able to take a noisy neigborhood/setting right now. I was glad to move back out of the big city!
LOL! I am glad you are moving to a quieter setting.
You have great canine hearing? Me, too, I could keep up with my G. Shepherd! She and I could hear the same things.... others around us could not. You are right, I know my brain does not filter the background noise well. Others will sit in the same room with me. I am overwhelmed by the noise and they do not even hear it. It's often so overwhelming!

Is noise sensitivity related to PN?
Great question.

I have found many people with herperacusis in various forums about autoimmune conditions and/or autoimmune conditions that can also have an effect upon the CNS and/or the PNS.

Or is it increasing in the population in general, as in a form of an adult onset sensory integration condition?
There seems to be a lot of it! Maybe it it the company I keep. LOL!

I hope everyone has a joyous day!
DejaVu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote