View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 09:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Mrs D,

Thank you so very much for your replies to my post.

Apologies for the kidney function comment; I re-read it and realised it must have sounded a little weird, so to clarify I should probably say that I've had major kidney problems in the past from nephritic and nephrotic syndrome caused by APS (in the form of both clots and inflammation, quite a nice combo) and leading to acute renal failure and major proteinuria with macroscopic hematuria. All that was, thankfully, reversed with treatment but the fact remains that my kidneys have been a little damaged from their ordeal and thus leak protein and blood pretty much constantly (and that's basically what I meant when I said kidney tests were fine; that no new disaster has occured and that the blood tests re kidney function are ok! )

Re the tapeworm/parasite angle: I've had a comprehensive stool analysis done along with blood tests (for specific antibodies) and everything came back clear. You're right though; it can and does happen and the fact that it's mildly unpleasant can't magically make it go away so...! Thank you for the suggestions and for taking the time to read and answer my posts. I do realise it's a very confusing situation (and rather exhausting if I may say so) and I do hope my medical team manages to find some answers soon

Ziggy
Ziggy7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote