View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 11:10 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

**Disclaimer: I am a Neuropathal representative, I don't have all the answers but I can tell you more about Neuropathal.

I found this thread looking through google, I completely agree with what's being said about capsaicin and getting it on broken skin, eyes, etc. It is not good.

The other products like icy hot, bio-freeze etc are also not good for eyes, broken skin or sensitive areas of the body so you've got to be careful with any of these types of products.

We have had people come back and say that neuropathal does not burn like other capsaicin based products. Our intent is that the other ingredients mixed with the capsaicin reduce the burning feeling, and it works that way for some people but not everyone (too bad nothing works for everyone).

Also our concentration of capsaicin is not as high as most capsaicin patches, or creams.

Capsaicin has been medically proven to bind to specific proteins that reduce reporting of pain to the brain. If we can figure out how to reduce the burn but still provide the medical benefit of capsaicin then we'll have a great product. We believe we have done that in one form. Now the trick is figuring out how to make it work for a broader audience.

We are also researching other products that will offer similar benefits of capsaicin but that will not have the burn.

Last but not least, I noticed someone mentioned free samples, if you are interested in a free sample pm me and I'd be glad to send you one.
guiria is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote