View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 02:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

The side effects of Lyrica are understated by the doctors, in my opinion and include losing all your teeth, among others: I dropped out of taking 75 + 150 mg after 2 weeks, even though it took well care of most of my pain...

It has low marks and bad reports among pain management medicines, compared to say Fentanyl patches...

http://www.askapatient.com/viewratin...23&name=LYRICA

Quote:
Originally Posted by rscowboy2005 View Post
I'm interested in hearing from others who have used or are using Lyrica.

I am currently at 450 mg a day; one pill in am and two at night. My neurologist says it is the highest dose she's prescribed and the highest allowed is 600 mg daily -- one more pill.

Effects? I think my teeth are becoming more sensitive to cold and hot things.

Last week I was feeling so good -- had met my new doc, was almost off of morphine and seemed to be getting some relief from the magnets.

"Hmmm. Maybe I don't need 450 mg; maybe I only need 300. Let's see what happens."

Flash forward to Monday. I thought my pain was up high because I had walked so much Saturday night. [The Portland version of World Naked Bike Ride happened in that area -- thousands of mostly young naked bike riders -- so we had to walk out of the area where they were riding until we could find a place to get a cab.] For most of Monday it was 5 - 7+; Monday evening as I took the one Lyrica I remembered my "experiment". Took the second Lyrica and today I'm back to "normal" for me.

Questions.

What are people's doses and side effects?

Cowboy

PS: I don't like or respect my neurologist, but I don't think I'll mess with her prescriptions for this again.
Seagem is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (06-22-2010), NeuroNixed Craig (06-23-2010)