View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 02:55 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
I wouldn't buy a used one of those like on Ebay. In stores where they are commonly used, they often clean up vomit and other body fluids people lose in public on the floor. That would be a terrible health hazard. Not to mention other spills in factories that might have pesticides in them, or other nasty things.

I do have the rotating drum washer in that first link Jo put up. I have it upNorth. I use it for underwear and sleepwear. It uses very little water. The only downside is that the closing screw is hard on my hands... so for people with arthritis it is painful.

The thing I don't like about wringers is that they make wrinkles.
Don't worry, not going to buy any used anything. I don't need one of those wonder washer thingees either.

I just want to wring out my tops and my shorts. I mean, if it's good enough for a mop, then it's good enough for my clothes, right?

So because I've really never seen one of those bucket ringer things in action (the ones with the handle), am I correct in assuming that I just drop the wet thing in, push the handle forward, the thing squeezes out the water, I hang it up (and if I need to iron it, I'll iron it).

Should do the trick, no?

I can get one of these at my local Ace Hardware

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (06-22-2010)