View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 04:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Interesting . . ..

How unique that this is being conducted as a "contest."
Quoting from the announcement:
We will have representatives at the MDS Congress in Buenos Aries; for more information, including how to apply, contact OPDM@kineticsfoundation.org. Please include information regarding your trial, including the number of subjects you would like to test. More information will be made available online by July 1, 2010. Submissions will be due by August 1, 2010. Winners of these systems, and the financial support that accompanies them, will be announced by September 1, 2010.

I think this might be the beginning of a Parkinson's research revolution (one which will hopefully lead to a research "resolution." )

Without having more information as to how this OPDM works, I wonder if the statistics could be re-evaluated from one or two of the "promising" surgical trials that did well in Phase I but bombed out in phase II? And if that is not possible, I wonder if any sponsors would be interested in calling back those participants in one of those trials to be retested using this device? But that might not be statistically possible - just curious.

This would seem like an excellent method of providing one means of analysis of sub-types of people with Parkinson's. Any comments, or am I way off base?

Peggy
pegleg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote