View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 07:06 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
The only problem I see with the one you are considering is that whatever you are wringing does not have the long stick handle to balance it. With no weight in the bottom it might be hard to
handle. I guess you could always put some rocks in the bottom, to stablize it, etc. But I think it would hard to keep steady.

If you plan to use your foot to squeeze the pedal, how will you pull the clothes out? A two person task, if you ask me!
Well, I GOT MY ANSWER.

I went to the local hardware store, told him what I wanted (actually I mimed it), he understood and another guy who spoke english told me "oh, we have this right here in this box, you have to assemble it".

So I'm in Macguyver mode, and I can do anything, and I said 'well, take it out of the box, let me look at the wringer part".

THANK GOD I DID.

The wringer thing does NOT GO ALL THE WAY TO THE OTHER SIDE. I gather a mop head is thick and so when a mop head is put in and you push the handle forward, the gizmo goes forward, AND IT'S GOOD ENOUGH FOR A MOP HEAD, but definitely not good enough for any clothing.

I think I might consider the pedal wringer that I saw on youtube.

It's on the floor, she put the mop in, she pressed the pedal, and as she pulled the mop out, two rollers squeezed the water out.

Just substitute a pair of pants or shorts instead of the mop and it will do what I need to do.

Kind of like a WRINGER ON THE FLOOR instead of being clamped to a metal basin.

So I shall continue my quest.

THANKS TO YOU ALL FOR YOUR SPLENDID SUGGESTIONS.

melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (06-22-2010)