View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 08:29 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Hey kid - I understand.

It's a hard decision to make. Do you take a chance that the drugs will slow down the progression and live with the side effects or take the chance that mother nature won't progress without the drugs? It's probably a coin toss here...

You know my story so I won't offer any personal opinions on this subject.

I guess what I need to share with you and all the others on this site are the results of the clinical trials from the late 80's and early 90's. This info might help you make a decision. I don't know. this post makes me think maybe I need to scan all the stuff in from that timeframe so y'all have that information. It's an unbiased ongoing evaluation of the trials. The results helped me make an informed decision at the time.

I understand where you're at. I really feel for you. And I understand your current predicament. It was easy for me initially - no DMD's available in 1988.

What info would you lie me to share? Clinical statistical results from the late 80's/early 90's?. Initial early results for COPI/COPII/beta 1a/beta1b from the mid 90's? Ted Yednock's research into monoclonal antibodies in the early 90's and subsequent trials(Ted Yednock = TYsabri)?

I can overload you with information but I don't think that's what you need. So - I was told I had MS in January 1988. I think I still have it. I saw a neuro last month and he thinks I still have it... I've never taken a DMD (this is a lie - I took copaxone for 2 weeks in 2003). So I'm MS drug free and have had MS for 22 years and I'll never cave in to the stupid disease. Still functional, but this is not a guarantee.

Love ya Dej... You're not crazy. Tell your hubby - neuro's have a motivation to get you on a DMD - regular income for them...

hey - I got 2 more shuttle missions, and possibly a third. STS-133 in November, STS-134 in February, and if Congress says fine then STS-135 in June 2011. We've scaled back so I'm the only COD mission manager now - i get all 3 flights. Gotta love it. I've had MS for 22 years and nobody can tell and I'm having a blast working at NASA. Especially the shuttle missions (the astronauts always sign a plaque for me saying "thank you" for my support).

So what's the big deal with MS or why do we need to take those shots? I don't think we'll understand in this lifetime.

Tom
freeinhou is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (06-23-2010), Lady (06-23-2010)