View Single Post
Old 02-03-2007, 09:44 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Befuddled,

A couple thoughts since I just came from shopping...hubby would say I am always coming from shopping somewhere.

Billie is right wear something comfortable first off.

I also think Billie is right with suggesting pants. Black is always slimming and then maybe a top with some color in it since it will be close to your face and it always brighten's people up. Do you notice when you wear a specific color that people compliment you. Pick that color for the top.

keep the pant simple and absolutely no pleats in the waitband of the pants. I too have a gut. Flat fron pants will likely be the most flattering. ANd if not flat front try for side zip and again with no waistband. These types of pants minimize the gut. Take it from me I know.

Wear a simple pair of boots with the pants, maybe a small heel to elongate you.

You did not mention your chest. Are you generous in that dept? I am and a good bra is essential. If you are generous, try to get a minimizer, it will still show off your bust but will make you look narrower. But do not be afraid to to show off your assets, just package em well.

I went shopping for t-shirts today. yep t-shirts. I was tired of dressing in baggy clothing to hide myself. I wanted to wear those t-shirts that everyone is wearing that they layer on top of each other. I was lucky in that I went to a store that a frined of a friend runs and she spent and two hours helping me get the right combos. I did not think I could do it but they looked good. But what she said to me was true. the baggier the clothes the bigger I looked but when she put the right clothes on that flattered my shpe I could do it.

My advice on the vest is no. I do not know if you are tall or short but the thing about a vest is that it will call attention to that are you want to avoid because it hits right at that area. Think about it in such a way that it will cut you in half at the waist by drawing a line around that area. It will make you look short waisted.

How about a nice sweater, a little longer in length that will hit at the hips. This will also elongate you. and dress it up with a long necklace that you maybe can double up. Or put a nice small pin on the upper right or left side of the sweater to draw his attention to your face at all times. The eyes will naturally go up there.

I hope that helps and no worries if you don't like my suggestions.

I truly hope it all goes great!
watsonsh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote