View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 08:13 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default NUCCA chiropractor

[I]My son's worst symptom was the vertigo. He couldn't stand by himself with swaying wildly.

I posted the following in another place on this board, but wanted to post in in your thread to ensure that you would see it. I encourage you to check into a Nucca chiropractor. You can google the subject and find alot of info. My best to you!

This board is such a tremendous support and source of valuable information!! Thank you all!

My son was suffering from unexplained (according to the neurologist), severe vertigo and had blurred vision. He could not read due to the letters on a page being disorganized and "jumping" around the page. He had a constant headache and cognitive issues. Despite having slammed his head onto turf in a soccer incident, the neurologist wrote off his injury claiming that it was "all in his head"!

I researched upper cervical chiropractors after it was suggested by a couple of people on this board. I found a NUCCA chiropractor who immediately demonstrated real concern and compassion for my son. (Incredibly appreciated after what we experienced at the neurologist's office.) Approximately, an hour after the first realignment (xrays and physical tests indicated a relatively significant misalignment of the skull/first vertebrae) my son's blurred vision cleared. He was treated every day for five days and we saw remarkable improvement that very first week. The chiropractor even came in to the office on his day off to treat my son. (We definately did not see that kind of concern from the medical community.) It is now two weeks after we started with the chiropractor and my son is symptom-free with the exception of a few cognitive issues!!

The chiropractor explained how a misalignment of the cervical vertebrae can put pressure on the brainstem resulting in all kinds of neurological issues.

Despite the mechanism of injury, never once did anyone in the medical community suggest that there could have been any neck trauma that should be evaluated. In fact, one MD discouraged me from even consulting a chiropractor.

I truly believe that it was the chiropractor's intervention, along with time, that is bringing my son back to complete health.
Thank you all!!!
t97tab is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote