View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 08:37 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNcrps2 View Post
I have had such a struggle with acceptance. I have also stuggled with being on narcotics forever. I have done water therapy, biofeedback and other relaxation techniques to come off narcotics. It worked briefly, but life was no better. I was clearer which forced me to view how life will be. A lot of crying. Choices- i was put back on narcotics and to think about SCS implant. The trial(which i had over a year ago) helped but was very positional. Fear of spreading with surgery- spread? I now have generalized RSD. We don't think the tendon/nerve surgery worked-so if nerve is still compressed my RSD will continue to spread. Ketamine-i was recommended ketamine coma. I won't do that for a treatment.
Last week I woke up with RSD in my low back.
momof4

Dear dear Momof4....

my heart is breaking for you..I feel your desperation and pain..I believe we al go thru these times and questions and even when we believe we have hit a plateau in our life, with our RSD..we still have times of feeling desperate and low...I am so sorry you are feeling emotionally spent lately..and spread seems to be part of the big picture..I can say that although RSD has its way with us...all of the time..I think what has helped me more than anything , it was not my SCS nor meds...but I have the nicest counselor..She is so patient and kind..I fought this type of intervention until I put down my miracle..who am I wand and accepted that I need her....DO you have someone to talk with?? I think and have resided myself with the fact that my RSD is like the skin on my body..It is part of me and I must accept it and its workings, advancements..I must be open for its changes too...So in turn I prepare my mind and try to be one step ahead in securing my thoughts that I am loved and ready, for we can't predict our ever changing RSD..we can only try to ride the waves the best we can..oh and we will have our days of feeling crushed and saddened...but..You, Moma are loved also...try to find the place in your life to not judge yourself nor place demands on yourself.. and accept we are special..God has a road for us..one we must learn from our trials and possibly take something positive from our RSD...oh believe me..I have many names for our illness ..and it ain't just RSD...I wish you peace and tranquil thoughts and a easier time of it..today forward!!

Much love, Kathy
keep smilin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hope4thebest (06-23-2010), Kakimbo (06-24-2010), Lisa in Ohio (06-23-2010), Mslday (06-23-2010), RNcrps2 (06-23-2010), RUReady (06-23-2010), wswells (06-23-2010)