View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 09:21 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I will respond within your quote using BLUE. Thank you so much for this information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Craig, one thing you can try to watch out for:

MSG (monosodium glutamate) and other things with Aspartate (nutrasweet), are neuro receptor stimulants. MSG especially. Yes, I am very careful and attentive to MSG anyway.

If you avoid these to neuro-excititory substances, they will not be there to stimulate pain receptors. NMDA receptor is a pain transmission facilitator and we can try to control it some.
It is also activated by Calcium, and suppressed by magnesium.
So if you are magnesium deficient, then that pain receptor will be more active and not "shut off" properly.

And also, even if you are controlled diabetes-wise, you can still have diabetic neuropathy. It started long before you were diagnosed. This was exactly the question I had in mind from your last post and now you've answered it for me.

Next doctor visit request a Vit D and B12. There is a study I put up here showing Vit D restoration to normal levels, helps diabetics. (low Vit D is associated with diabetes as well). Also diabetics, even when controlled, lose magnesium thru the urine daily for some reason. So magnesium is very important to watch for this group of people. I will make sure and follow up on this with my PCP.

Richmond, VA USA
NeuroNixed Craig is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (06-23-2010)