Thread: Is PCS real?
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 12:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by t97tab View Post

I researched upper cervical chiropractors after it was suggested by a couple of people on this board. I found a NUCCA chiropractor who immediately demonstrated real concern and compassion for my son. (Incredibly appreciated after what we experienced at the neurologist's office.) Approximately, an hour after the first realignment (xrays and physical tests indicated a relatively significant misalignment of the skull/first vertebrae) my son's blurred vision cleared. He was treated every day for five days and we saw remarkable improvement that very first week. The chiropractor even came in to the office on his day off to treat my son. (We definately did not see that kind of concern from the medical community.) It is now two weeks after we started with the chiropractor and my son is symptom-free with the exception of a few cognitive issues!!
I found the same thing with our NUCAA doctor as well. He actually listened to our concerns and was also very compassionate. I'm a excited to hear that it's made such a huge difference for your son. It's made a difference with my daughter's headaches and energy level. I also think it allowed her to start being able to exercise again. Prior to the adjustments, too much cardio brought on worsening symptoms. Since the adjustments, she has had no problems.

For the cognitive issues, you might look into neurofeedback. We have done that as well. I don't know if it was time or just the neurofeedback, but it was like one day a switch flipped in her brain and her memory/recall started working again. It probably took another couple of months for things to mostly get back to where she was. We still have some residual executive functioning issues, but she is SO much better than she was.

Be careful when he start back exercising and follow a gradual ramp plan. Too much too soon can cause set backs. My advice would be to stay out of contact sports at least until he has recovered cognitively. My daughter doesn't play contact sports, but knowing what I know now, I'm wouldn't want her to pick them up now. It's just not worth it.

Last edited by nancys; 06-24-2010 at 12:58 AM.
nancys is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote