View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 02:14 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Typically Lidoderms don't work over incision sites, or where one feels the pain. They have to go higher, to intercept the signals before they get to the spine. I cut mine in half and put each half on the thigh where the groin ends and thigh begins. One to the side in front (lengthwise) and the other near the center of the body where the other nerve exits. I don't know where your incision is?
Figure 2B at this link:
http://www.aafp.org/afp/20000401/2109.html
Shows the two nerves coming out of the abdomen. And the spinal exits too. This should make placement easier, if it is really MP and not some other issue like bursitis, etc.

I put mine in my groin on that side where the nerve exits the abdomen. You might have to go up near the L4 where the nerve comes out of the spine.

If you lose posts due to timing out, there is a fix for that.
When you log in there is a little box called "remember me" next to where you type in your userid. Check that box.
Sometimes people use preview post and then forget to hit
SUBMIT after that. That is another way to lose a post.
If preview is confusing you, just submit it. You can edit any time up to 24hrs as you need to. I never use preview. But I do edit alot fixing spelling and grammar!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote