View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 06:06 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

"Typically Lidoderms don't work over incision sites, or where one feels the pain."

I understand the basic gist of what you're saying here, but I seem to be just a little confused about the exact placement. When you say groin, it makes me think more towards the inner thigh, the 2B illustration seems like the lateral femoral cutaneous nerve is located more towards the outer part of the thigh?
I wasn't sure if the places I have tried were going in the best place, and they probably weren't.
My insision site is partly across the buttock and extends to the very outside top of the thigh, just about where one might be bearing weight if sleeping on their side, and not too far off from the way I see the illustrated nerve (If I'm reading it right), just a little lower and more to the outside. I need to keep working on this, and I think I'd also like to try the L-4 area next, which I haven't tried yet.

Since these worked for you, I was wondering how long after a patch was placed did it provide noticeable relief?

I suppose I should also consider the possibility of the condition being other than MP, but from everthing I've searched thus far, the descriptions of MP match very well with what I'm experiencing - which has varied from starting out as tingling, numbness, and itching - to the stabbing pains - sensitivity to light touch - and recently to the water trickling sensation - all in the front and outside areas of both thighs.

Also appreciate the tip on "remember me?"
Didn't realize you could time out.
Last post I copied with right click before I hit anything - glad I did - because I must have timed out like the last time - as soon as I hit preview post I got a message saying I wasn't logged in, and all was gone. I was able log in and paste it back right away. Heh - I'll get this place figured out eventually!
DPJACO is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote