View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 06:47 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

I used the Lidoderms every day for 2 weeks...it was about then that the trouble started abating.. I used them for a bit longer, but not a whole month, to see what would happen.

It is possible there is complex nerve damage in your hip area.
So one location may not be the solution to the surgical side.

But the other side should be different in some ways.

I only get little twinges now... I haven't had to use them for MP for over a year now. Heat is very bad and will activate it. No steam rooms and no heating pad for me!

I use the Lidoderms for other things too.. my bad knee, and my tendon injury in the other leg. But not really that often. I've used 1/2 patch on the top of my feet but they don't really work well for PN I have found. Mostly for my arthritis and MP they have been very effective.

You have to be willing to experiment with them. On my Lidoderm thread I have a link to a 3D anatomy graphic to help you with placement ideas. Don't be afraid to move them around for best results for your specific problem. It might be you need them on your back at L4 since the surgery may have upset the nerve higher on YOU than was the case for me, which was abdominal/ C-section surgery. Not all MP is the same for everyone. Each has their own trigger and compression site.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote