View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 08:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Maizy,

I'm sorry to hear you have so much trouble with allergies to the many meds used for RSD. I understand as I am very sensitive too. You have come to the right place as there are so many knowledgeable and supportive people here.

I did try a laser therapy machine, one that my podiatrist was trying out and I absolutely hated it. I did 3 treatments and it caused me to flare up very badly.

What is the machine is it you are thinking of trying?

The one I tried was an Infrared laser. My podiatrist sent it back to the manufacture because most people didn't find it beneficial.

There seems to be a lot of hype around laser machines for pain and I would be cautious about trying any other type of treatment on my affected foot after my last experience.

Gentle hugs.

MsL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maizy View Post
HI,
I am new here and not sure if I am putting this in the right place. I posted earlier on RSD but I accidently put it in somebodys listing. I hope this is a separate listing.

Anyway, last Oct. I had lab work done and that is when RSD started. It is in my left elbow. It did not hurt all the time until Dec. At that time I found out what the problem was. Pain Dr. was going to do the nerve block. Because of my many, many drug allergies and cannot take dye I could not have it done.
I take no medications because of my allergies. I had ultra sound which did not help. Had myofascial relief and had horrible reaction to it and also to the stretching the tech wanted me to do.

I found information on laser therapy and now interested in trying it. Read that it did help people with RSD. Cold therapy is the one to use. Trying to decide whether to use Class IV or Class 3. Company that has IV says it goes
deeper and better to use than Class 3 and says it is for wounds. Class 3
supposedly does go deep enough for RSD.

Has anybody tried laser therapy? If so, did it work for you and did they use
Class IV or Class 3?

The pain is terrible as you all know so I hope laser therapy works.

Maizy
"When humans learn to be gratefully present every moment, they become angels. It’s not the wings that make the angel, but the message of courageous presence and creative acceptance, no matter what the moment brings: “Fear not!”" Gratefulness.org
Mslday is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote