Thread: Spine problems
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 09:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjandrews View Post
. . .Heres the good part: He said because he doesn't get to many opportunities to operate on a thoracic spine and it would be a personal challenge to him.

I told him to go to hell and practice on himself. Looks like I need to go through my own research and find the best neurosurgeon in colorado and go to him. It seems like there are to many quakes out there who want the insurance money.

Wishing that someone could help me and get better, not perfect just better. It's hard enough feeling this much pain but with the threat of losing a job and going to quakes it sure can make you hate life and get depressed.
I'd definitely run. His reason isn't good enough to justify approaching a t-spine surgery. You need a very experienced, specialized surgeon not someone interested in expanding his skills.

Was this the doctor at the Swedish medical center in Denver?

Can you go outside of Colorado if you can't the right doctor there? I know the orthopedic physicians I see, consult with patients over several states before even arranging a visit. I overhead the receptionist last week calling another surgeon's office to arrange an MRI be sent to them as the doctor who looked at the patient's MRI felt this other surgeon had better experience for the problem. The patient was from Alaska and hadn't been seen by either surgeon yet. This impressed me.
Sheri_TOS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote